Nike-Data Analytics Manager/BI Manager in Portland, OR-Remote
Data Analytics Manager/BI Manager
Location-Portland, OR/ Remote
Job Type-Long Term Contract
This will be an individual contributor hands on role.
10-15 Years IT experience required.
· Manage the data analysis and design of analytics products across a focused area of the business value stream to enable data driven business decisions that will drive performance and lead to the accomplishment of annual goals
· Translate complex business requirements into data requirements and work with internal customers to define data requirement details based on expressed partner needs.
· Lead structured, end-to-end analysis to inform product strategy, data architecture and reporting decisions.
· Analyze existing datasets and interfaces to understand and document current state data architectures.
· Design future state data architectures by applying data requirements, data profiles and business rules to current state architectures in alignment with best practices and standards.
· Drive data architecture that enforces consistency across the data landscape with an emphasis on single sources of truth
· Perform extensive data profiling to understand data behavior and business rules.
· Thoroughly document data architecture solutions, business requirements, training material and business processes for both business and technical audiences.
· Drive adoption of and socialize data products with end users through user training.
· Leverage frameworks for repeatable validation of data integrity within data products supporting accurate and consistent reporting and analytics.
· Support standard methodologies in data analysis: data integrity, unit testing, data quality control, system integration testing, modeling, validation, and documentation.
· Develop SQL queries and data visualizations to fulfill ad-hoc analysis requests and ongoing reporting needs demonstrating standard query syntax.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Technology, Computer Science or other related fields preferred. Will accept suitable combination of education and experience.
· 6+ years of experience designing Data Warehouse, BI or Analytics solutions
· Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
· Proven ability to deliver on commitments
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
· Business process acumen and ability to map processes to data models and architectures
· Experience in dimensional modeling
· Expert level proficiency in SQL
· Experience analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets
· Demonstrated ability to develop structured analysis that support data architecture design
· Experience defining data architectures to support data visualization tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, and PowerBI
· Experience defining data architectures to support semantic data layers, such as SSAS Cubes/Tabular and Cognos Packages.
· Solid understanding of various database management systems like Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, or DB2
· Working understanding of Agile methodologies and principles such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, and XP Programming, and how they’re applied in workplace culture
· Experience with cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS.
· Experience with Big Data and NoSQL technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Impala, Cassandra, Storm, Flume, Pig, or Hive